Using this compact tool, you are able to view television programmes via satellite. Additionally, you have the option to open videos stored on CD and DVD discs.
DVBViewer is a program for Windows that gives you the possibility to experience high-quality digital television on your personal computer. The utility is capable of receiving TV input if you have the required hardware components, namely a compatible DVB card or a SAT>IP Server.
Setup and GUI
The installation process is quite comprehensive but does not take much time. All you have to do is select what filters, decoders and renderers need to be installed.
After launching the application, you are greeted with a simple graphical user interface. It features several menus located on the toolbar which enable you to manage your channel list, configure reception and search settings, as well as schedule recordings, display Teletext and more.
If your digital TV connection is not established, you have the option to use the program to open media files, CD and DVD discs, and view their content. What is more, provided you have the right filters installed, you are able to open clips and videos by inputting a URL link. Alternatively, you may use other DVB utilities such as DVB Dream, AltDVB or dreamboxEDIT.
- free to download and use;
- compatible with modern Windows versions;
- gives you the ability to watch high-quality digital TV;
- you can open videos stored on CD and DVD discs;
- it is possible to view clips by inputting a URL link;
- enables you to see both paid or free content;
- requires additional hardware to work properly.