With the help of this small utility you can create disk images for modified PlayStation 2 gaming consoles. There is support for the CDX and UMCDR output formats.
CDGenPS2 is a Windows application that lets users prepare PS2 game files to be recorded to optical media. It is possible to convert ISO disk images to several Homebrew compatible formats.
How to use
After starting the program you can import ISO files to begin the conversion process. The list of disk images is sortable by name, LBA, size, timestamp and location. There is a button for editing internal volume properties as well.
Users are able to add multiple folders to the project. This functionality is helpful for creating collections of emulator ROMs, demo libraries, etc. An option to automatically generate the correct ALIAS file with adjustable date and time is provided. There are checkboxes for fixing the LBA and size values.
This software provides instruments for importing text files with complex directory structures from IsoBuster. Additionally, it is possible to save the project as an IML file.
You can convert resulting ISO disk images to the CDX or UMCDR format. They are both supported by the Homebrew version of the PlayStation 2 console.
- free to download and use;
- contains tools for converting ISO disk images to various PS2 compatible formats;
- you can add multiple items to the project to create game collections;
- it is possible to automatically generate correct ALIAS files;
- allows users to import complex folder structures from IsoBuster;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.