This professional tool allows users to create music by utilizing real instruments and pre-recorded fragments. It is possible to record and save unique songs.
Cakewalk Dimension Pro
Cakewalk Dimension Pro is a Windows synthesizer app that offers you endless sound possibilities by combining real instruments with advanced synthetic audio samples.
Making your own music
There is a large library of more than 1500 sounds, including guitars, electric pianos, basses, imitation analog synthesizers, drums, folk instruments etc. Samples range from pristine realistic acoustic instruments, thumping basses and cutting leads to complex, evolving atmospheres. You can also create your own sounds with software like Denon DJ Engine.
It is possible to have up to four stereo layers and 20 envelope generators in a single sound setting. Users can also graphically edit the volume, frequency, pitch and LFOs.
There are common and insert effects:
- three parametric equalizers;
- 16 filters, auto-panner, five overdrives;
- modulation effects;
- a set of orchestral instruments;
- three choruses and seven reverbs;
- and others.
Users can copy the settings of insert effects. The tool supports importing of REX and SFZ files. There is also MIDI parameter management.
Please note that Cakewalk Dimension Pro is a part of SONAR Platinum software and requires a commercial license to use it.
- allows users to create their own music;
- sound library with professionally produced samples;
- compatible with a large number of instruments;
- works with modern versions of Windows;
- supports import of REX and SFZ files;
- easy to edit LFOs and graphical envelope generators;
- Vector Mixer allows real-time sound morphing;
- it is possible to mix and layer up to 4 stereo parts per program.