Thanks to this network tool, users can deploy and monitor the performance of FTP servers. Additionally, they have the ability to switch between various components.
3CDaemon is a Windows program package that contains FTP, TFTP and Syslog servers, as well as a dedicated client. It features a simple graphical user interface which allows you to switch between various network components with a click of a button.
This is a comprehensive software solution developed by the 3Com Corp. The included components have the following features:
- TFTP Server and Client supports the RFC 1782, 1783 and 1784 standards, negotiation of the size of transmitted data blocks as well as setting the timeout and block sizes.
- FTP Server offers passive mode of data transfer, long passwords, MD5 hashing of passwords. The latter provides high security when organizing an FTP server.
- Syslog Server logs all received syslog messages and allows you to filter or restrict syslog messages by IP address and allows viewing the active log file. You can also copy the contents to the clipboard or print.
How to deploy a TFTP Server
After you have downloaded the installation files, you need to run the setup executable and follow the instructions provided on the screen. Once you have all the components deployed on your computer hard drive you can launch the application.
Next, you have to ensure that the TFTP server section is selected and click the pen knife icon in order to configure the settings. In the configuration menu, you are able to change the upload and download directory to something you will easily find. Alternatively, you may try Cisco TFTP Server.
- free to download and use;
- compatible with modern Windows versions;
- gives you the ability to deploy FTP and TFTP servers;
- you can quickly switch between various components;
- simple and straightforward installation.