This open source application is intended for securely logging into various online services. There is support for several two factor authentication protocols.
WinAuth is a Windows program for storing and managing personal credentials. You can add multiple two factor authenticators from Google, Microsoft, Steam and other popular platforms.
With the help of this software users are able to automatically generate two factor authentication codes for email clients, gaming services, social media platforms, cryptocurrency exchanges and other types of websites. Supported protocols include TOTP, HOTP and U2F. The utility is portable, meaning that it can be run without installation.
How to use
The first step is to add a new account by clicking the corresponding button in the main window. You are able to create a new authenticator or import an existing one by providing personal credentials and a secret key. Clicking the account name will generate the correct one time password.
Like in LastPass, users can export all data to an encrypted ZIP archive. This is helpful for transferring credentials from one computer to another or backing up personal information. It is possible to protect sensitive data with an additional PGP key as well.
- free to download and use;
- allows you to store and manage account credentials for multiple online services;
- it is possible to automatically generate two factor authentication codes;
- there are instruments for backing up all personal information to an encrypted ZIP archive;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.