This software is intended for modifying classic video games such as Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife and Chex Quest to be compatible with modern hardware.
GZDoom is a Windows utility that lets users configure legacy video games like Doom and Heretic to be playable on modern operating systems and hardware components. The integrated OpenGL renderer provides smooth gameplay and high resolution textures. Moreover, there are powerful scripting instruments for manually modifying the engine.
How to install
After downloading the archive you are instructed to unpack its contents to the target game directory. Supported titles include Doom, Heretic, Strife, Chex Quest, Harmony and Hacx. Moreover, it is possible to work with any other game based on the original Doom 3D engine created by John Carmack.
Users can customize the control scheme and enable high resolution textures. Visual features like 3D floors, dynamic lights and shaders are customizable as well. There are instruments for changing the output resolution and aspect ratio. Additionally, the overall volume level can be adjusted.
With the help of this application you are able to create custom game mods or modify existing plugins. The embedded ZScript scripting language is based on С#.
- free to download and use;
- offers you tools for adapting classic 3d shooters like Doom and Hexen to modern hardware;
- it is possible to manually configure shareds, dynamic lighting and other visual parameters;
- users can change the display resolution and aspect ratio;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.