This plugin for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop allows graphics designers to transform static images into captivating 3D animations via depth mapping.
VoluMax is a Windows extension for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. It contains instruments for generating depth maps to animate static photos. There is support for a wide variety of input file formats, including JPG, PNG and PSD.
How it works
After integrating the addon you can create depth maps manually using intuitive brush tools. Alternatively, it is possible to leverage modern AI algorithms for automatic processing with a high degree of accuracy.
A library of premade templates tailored to landscapes, product shots, portraits and other types of images is included. Each option comes with preconfigured depth maps and animation settings, saving users time and effort.
Please note that VoluMax is a paid addon. There is no free trial version.
Resulting depth maps are utilized to transform the picture into an animated scene. Flexible camera controls provide a staggering creative freedom. Buttons for rotating, panning over and zooming into the virtual environment are available. Moreover, you can customize lighting parameters as well as create realistic reflections and shadows.
- requires a license to download and use;
- contains an extension for After Effects and Photoshop;
- lets you convert photos to 3D animations by generating detailed depth maps;
- there is a collection of templates for different types of images;
- supports multiple input file formats;
- compatible with modern versions of Windows.