Using this specialized Python library you can make HTTP requests. There is support for automatic decompression and a wide range of authentication schemes.
requests is a Windows tool oriented toward web developers. It is a de facto standard for making HTTP requests in Python. Users can configure various hooks and callbacks to customize the behavior of the library.
How it works
This program provides a simple and intuitive application programming interface for making HTTP requests. It is necessary to create a new object, specify the HTTP method and enter the URL. Moreover, you are able to add optional headers or data to the request. The last step is to call the SEND method and receive the response.
Supported HTTP methods include GET, POST, PUT, DELETE and PATCH. Additionally, users can choose between the basic, Oauth2 and Bearer token authentication schemes. All cookies generated by the requests are persistent.
It is possible to automatically decompress binary values as well as stream uploads and downloads. The library allows you to configure redirects and adjust advanced proxy network parameters.
There are flexible instruments for error handling. This functionality is helpful for communicating with unreliable remote servers.
- free to download and use;
- contains a Python library for making HTTP requests and receiving responses;
- you can choose the required method and authentication scheme;
- there is support for automatic data decompression and error handling;
- it is possible to configure advanced proxy settings;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.