With the help of this extension for Internet Explorer users can execute interactive CGM elements within the browser. There is support for the WebCGM DOM API.
MetaWeb is a Windows software for integrating a plugin into the obsolete Internet Explorer web browser. It contains instruments for viewing and executing interactive CGM modules. Additionally, you can open TIFF files in the browser.
After starting the setup wizard users are prompted to specify the target directory for the program. The next step is to click the Install button and wait until the plugin is integrated into the browser.
This add on is compatible with Internet Explorer versions from 7 to 11. It works with both 32 and 64 bit Windows editions. Please note that the free demo version of MetaWeb does not include TIFF support.
You can activate all hotspots without screen tip or linkURI attributes. There is an option to highlight individual viewcontext areas. Additionally, it is possible to create an enumerated list of hotspots in order as they appear in the source CGM document.
Users are able to send HTML pages with interactive elements to the printer. Flexible layout parameters such as orientation, margins and paper size are provided. There are tools for batch printing of multiple CGM files.
- free to download and use;
- allows you to execute CGM modules within the Internet Explorer web browser;
- instruments for generating enumerated hotspot lists are included;
- there is support for IE versions from 7 to 11;
- users can send pages with loaded CGM files to the printer;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.