The utility is an editor for voxel modeling. It is possible to create three dimensional objects from pixels and save them as images.
MagicaVoxel is an open source Windows application for editing voxel graphics. Like MCSkin3D, this utility may be used to create three dimensional objects and develop characters for Minecraft. It is possible to export 3D model projects to OBJ format.
The application offers a working area, a color palette and a toolbar. As a basis for creating a model, you can use geometric forms, such as cubes or spheres. There is a tool for adding and removing pixels to give the object the desired shape.
It is possible to change the color of each pixel and choose the fill options. In addition, the utility has a built-in rendering engine. Luckily, the tech has low minimum requirements for system resources. This means that the MagicaVoxel can be used even on slower computers.
Also, there is a console for creating models using commands. Moreover, MagicaVoxel includes several templates.
After editing is completed, users can save the project in VOX format. Similarly, exports to files with extensions like OBJ, XRAW and 2D are supported.
- free to download and use;
- it is possible to create voxel graphics like 3D object and character models;
- ability to design maps, landscapes and textures for Minecraft;
- toolkit for drawing and changing the colors of pixels;
- exporting to various formats is supported;
- compatible with current versions of Windows.