This software offers you tools for creating, editing, optimizing and converting GIF files. It is possible to design complex projects with multiple frames.
GIF Movie Gear
GIF Movie Gear is a Windows program for working with 2D animations. Users can convert BMP, JPG, PNG, PSD, AVI, CUR and ICO files to GIF packages. Additionally, there is support for the SWF format. Please note that the free trial version of GIF Movie Gear will expire 30 days after installation.
After starting the utility you can open an image or begin drawing the first frame from scratch. There are basic graphics editing tools like pencil, eraser and paint bucket. However, it is recommended to design every frame in a third party application like Photoshop and import finished images to GIF Movie Gear.
Users are able to adjust the timing for every individual frame to better fit the project. It is possible to duplicate, remove and rearrange elements on the timeline as well.
Tools for automatically optimizing the animation and reducing the amount of colors are provided. This feature is helpful for creating small GIFs. You can rotate, resize, crop and distort all components.
Export options include generating a GIF animation and saving every frame as a separate static picture.
- free to download and use;
- provides tools for creating 2D animations;
- it is possible to rearrange frames on the timeline;
- you can combine several static images into an animated GIF file;
- lets users automatically optimize the project to generate small output items;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.