This custom operating system for the legacy Sega Dreamcast console is based on the KallistiOS kernel. It allows developers to create various apps and modules.
DreamShell is a Windows software for integrating a specialized operating system into the Sega Dreamcast gaming console. There is a dynamic loadable modular system and XML interface for designing custom apps.
Using this OS you can add new features and modules to Dreamcast without restarting the device. It is possible to develop complex interfaces in the embedded XML editor as well. Additionally, there is support for both C/C++ and Lua scripting.
There are programs for launching Dreamcast games on the desktop computer like Redream. This way users are able to test modified ROMs before transferring them to the device.
The package contains an extensive library of classic games and homebrew utilities. Moreover, you can run legacy titles for other consoles through included emulators.
A versatile multimedia player is provided. Users are able to watch movies, view photos and listen to audio tracks directly on Dreamcast. There is an option to connect the console to the internet and engage in various online activities as well.
- free to download and use;
- contains a specialized version of the Dreamcast operating system;
- helps developers create applications, modules and games for the obsolete Sega console;
- there is an XML editor for designing user friendly interfaces;
- supports both the C/C++ and Lua scripting languages;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.