Using this software you can run a virtual machine for creating and testing complex network infrastructure. It is based on the Cumulus Linux distribution.
Cumulus is a Windows utility oriented toward cloud service administrators and network engineers. It offers users a virtualized environment that is compatible with multiple popular VM applications such as ONIE, KVM, VirtualBox, VMware and Vagrant.
With the help of this program you can create and evaluate various network configurations. There are instruments for prototyping complex topologies with multiple servers, routers, switches and clients. It is possible to build several sandboxes and test the connection between them.
All tasks are performed in a virtualized operating system and allow users to learn basic network building principles without affecting real world infrastructure.
You can leverage Cumulus VX to develop custom portable applications. Moreover, tools for analyzing, troubleshooting and automatically repairing various technical issues with physical devices are provided.
There are artificial temperature sensors for virtual hardware. Users are able to monitor potential hotspots and prevent the overheating of real devices.
- provides instruments for planning network infrastructure in a virtualized environment;
- free to download and use;
- you can analyze and fix various hardware issues;
- there is support for several popular VM platforms;
- it is possible to develop custom portable programs;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.