This utility allows you to use VST plugins in DirectX digital audio workstations such as SONAR, Project5, Cakewalk Pro Audio and many other similar programs.
Cakewalk VST Adapter
Cakewalk VST Adapter is a Windows program for converting VST plugins to the DirectX format. This way users can ensure compatibility of older extensions with modern audio editors like SONAR Home Studio. It is worth mentioning that Cakewalk VST Adapter is discontinued and no longer supported by the developer. The installation files are not available.
With the help of this software you can integrate various VST plugins into your favorite digital audio editor. There is support for up to 16 individual sound channels as well as for MIDI input and output. All processes are mirrored identically during the conversion with no additional latency.
Users are able to add various types of virtual musical instruments to the collection. Moreover, thousands of audio effects and filters can be installed. Custom sound sample libraries are available as well.
It is possible to integrate multiple variants of a multiband equalizer to manually adjust separate frequencies. Additionally, there are VST plugins with beautiful content dependent visualizations.
- free to download and use;
- intended for converting VST plugins to the modern DirectX format;
- supports a wide variety of common digital audio workstation apps;
- you can work with custom collections of sound samples, filters and effects;
- it is possible to add new virtual musical instruments to the library;
- compatible with all modern versions of Windows.